Monday, June 10, 2013

An Evening with "Super" Moms

My wife & I had privilege to attend a gathering of single moms organized by a sister from my church last weekend. It was an evening without kids -- these ladies are blessed that they have parents living with them to take care of grandkids while these moms are working or doing something else (like this gathering :-). Sophia & I are very busy with 2 kids in our life, and I cannot imagine how these "super" moms juggle between work, kids, parents & life. 

It is also an evening with heart-broken stories. No one wanted to enter marriage with projection of failing & divorce, but the dreams of happy families turned into nightmares for these sisters, and eventually they decided to take kids and re-started a family without dad & husband.  

To me, it is a night of hope & grace. Some of them came to church because of broken relationship. They lost marriage but found God instead. There are still lots of challenges in their life, and I pray that our Lord will give them strength, courage & faith to journey on...   

No comments:

Post a Comment